The QSI is a collaboration between The Royal College of Radiologists and the College of Radiographers (the Colleges). We are developing a range of supporting resources to help services meet the standard through a staged approach. This can ultimately lead to accreditation.
Ongoing college support will be available. The Quality Improvement Partners are available by email, phone or to visit your department at any stage.
Resources and support are available through QSI Future NHS or a WhatsApp group, along with regularmonthly remote meetings, with talks from experienced QSI staff from a number of UK services. Further supporting documentation and training/networking days will be communicated through the QSI Future NHS webpages as they become available. Suggestions for useful tools can be sent to our Quality Improvement Partners.
General support and networks
- Download the Contextual guidance document (PDF) and QSI infographic (PDF) for the 2021 Standard (PDF)
- A short 'How to' guide (PDF) is available to support your work, along with a guide to process mapping (PDF). This may be useful for those who are working from home and assisting with QSI but may be unfamiliar with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and audit. Please let us know if you would like anything specific added by contacting the Quality Improvement Partners
- An online network has been created on Future NHS to help all QSI leads to keep in touch with each other; to share information, good practice, documentation and ask questions of other services. You can join by contacting the Quality Improvement Partners
- Louise Shalaby, Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust, has set up a WhatsApp group for anyone looking for advice or support from colleagues across the UK. Contact the Quality Improvement Partners for a list of upcoming topics and to be included on the invitation list.
- Each month a meeting takes place on a variety of subjects such as IR(ME)R, IRR, ultrasound and more. To register interest please contact the Quality Improvement Partners
- Future NHS workspace – to sign up please contact the Quality Improvement Partners
Development and support tool
This development and support tool (.xlsx) has been designed to help services assess themselves against QSI 2021.
It provides a platform to RAG rate your current standing along with examples of evidence to help you think about what may be required to meet each standard.
If your service wants to proceed to accreditation you can use the gap analysis to gauge your readiness. If you are around 60-75% compliant it may be worthwhile to contact UKAS for advice or pre-assessment.
A range of templates are available for services to download and edit. These include sample job descriptions and a draft project plan that outlines key stages to meet the QSI. This can be used as a guide. Your employer will have their own templates for policies and procedures.
- Case study - West Suffolk (PDF)
- Case study - Royal Cornwall Hospital Trust (PDF)
- Case study - Nottingham (PDF)
- Case study - Alliance Medical (PDF)
- Case study - Medica (PDF)
The Dorset Vanguard have created and kindly shared a Standard Operating Procedure template and policy:
Contact our Quality Improvement Partners
Our Quality Improvement Partners can provide further information and support for implementing the standard in your service. Please email email@example.com