The Clinical Imaging Board provides guidance, oversight and support for the continuing development of high-quality clinical imaging services for patients in the UK.
The Board’s objectives are to:
- Provide professional leadership for, input to and influence over imaging services and development across all four UK countries at policy, strategic and operational levels
- Set standards and issue guidance where appropriate on an inter-professional basis
- Act as a resource for Health Departments in all four countries of the UK in developing policy and strategy with reference to imaging services
- Plan and implement cross-professional training and education initiatives including leadership
- Advise on quality and safety of imaging services including the promotion of service accreditation
- Develop, promulgate and maintain a UK wide perspective on the imaging workforce and future requirements
- Ensure that imaging services develop and take advantage of innovation and opportunities
- Encourage collaborative research to enhance evidence-based practice and its rapid diffusion into clinical practice.