Continuing the success from the 2022 course, we are re-running the Management skills for radiologists twice in 2023. The content will be the same on both courses.
This course will comprise of three modules, delivered across three weeks:
- Module 1: Thursday 16 November, 09:00-13:00, online, live and on demand
- Module 2: Thursday 23 November, recordings will be released and accessed through the RCR e-learning hub
- Module 3: Thursday 30 November, full day event held in the College building, no online attendance.
For existing and aspiring clinical leaders and directors in radiology. The course has been designed to provide essential management tools to run an efficient and effective department. The course will include:
- An update on the current thinking in radiology management including a GIRFT and RCR updates (incorporating the recent RCR census).
- Pre-recorded lectures will focus on the business as usual aspects of managing a busy radiology service, including job planning and business case writing.
- An update on appraisal and revalidation, with a focus on supporting doctors in difficulty.
- A full day, in person module delivering workshop based sessions with real case studies to highlight some novel ways of structuring healthcare systems driving innovation and efficiency with increased safety and better outcomes for patients.
We will be providing delegates with the opportunity to interact online before and during the course. Ice breaker exercises and pre-module reading will all be part of the course and will contribute to the CPD credits.
Delegates must participate in all parts of the course in order to receive the full CPD credit allocation.
- Effectiveness and efficiency in a radiology department
- Affecting and sustaining transformation
- Update on GIRFT and RCR
- The ‘nuts and bolts’ of being a Clinical Director - including job planning and business case writing.
- Update on networks and Community Diagnostic Hubs
- Strategic thinking to make change happen
- Update on appraisal and revalidation
Please note, places are limited on both courses to allow for an interactive experience for all attendee's.
|Consultant RCR Fellow and member||£450|
This course is being run twice this year, for alternative dates see the Summer course page.