Help the RCR in its mission to promote radiology teaching at the undergraduate level
The RCR’s Clinical Radiology Undergraduate Committee - for the first time - invites medical students to join its membership to help inform and shape its work.
The committee membership currently consists of:
- Undergraduate lead and chair of the committee
- Five clinical radiology consultants actively involved in undergraduate education
- Four clinical radiology trainees actively involved in undergraduate education
- RCR Training and Education Manager
It is responsible for the following activities:
- Working to increase the amount of radiology that is taught in medical schools, including looking for new and innovative ways of delivering that teaching.
- Raising awareness of the importance of radiological knowledge for all doctors from the start of their careers.
- Raising awareness of the specialty of clinical radiology among medical students and promoting it as an attractive career option.
- Supporting undergraduate radiology societies in UK medical schools.
- Planning and delivering the RCR’s annual undergraduate radiology day.
- Awarding the RCR’s undergraduate prizes and bursaries
We need you!
The committee exists to help medical students and the best way to do this is to have a student voice within the group.
Joining the committee presents a significant opportunity to be involved in and to help set the strategic activities the RCR undertakes to expand the awareness of radiology as a discipline and career in UK medical schools.
What will it involve?
If appointed you would be expected to attend the committee’s meetings which take place 2-3 times per year, as and when required in London and to participate in email discussions between meetings. If unable to attend the meetings in person, videoconference or teleconference can be used.
You will actively contribute to the discussions and have an opportunity to participate in working groups to:
- Raise awareness of the specialty of clinical radiology among medical students and promote it as an attractive career option, and to
- Plan and deliver the RCR’s 2023 undergraduate radiology day.
How to apply
To apply, submit the following to email@example.com by 20 August 2022:
- Application form (download and complete)
- Letter of support from your Tutor/Year Lead
Applications for membership will be assessed by members of the clinical radiology undergraduate committee.
Successful candidates will be informed of the outcome by 20 September 2022. The first meeting the appointed students will be invited to attend will be held Friday 28 October 2022, 10:00-12:30 at the RCR building.
Term of office
The term of office for members will be twelve months starting from 1 September 2022 and concluding 31 August 2023.
Am I eligible?
To apply you must meet the following criteria:
- Currently studying at a UK medical school
- In Year 3 or above
- Have a demonstrable interest in radiology
If you have any enquires or would like more information about the role email firstname.lastname@example.org