The Royal College of Radiologists (RCR) annually holds a free whole day meeting for undergraduates with an interest in radiology.
The meeting is organised with the intention to inform undergraduates about careers in radiology, the training pathway and what life is like as a consultant radiologist after achieving a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT).
At a typical undergraduate radiology day, you will hear from leading speakers in the field of medical imaging. There will be many opportunities to network during the course of the day.
2021 virtual undergraduate radiology day
Date: Monday 7 June, 9:20–14:30 BST
This will be a virtual meeting. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Reasons to attend
- An opportunity to network with your peers
- Listen to talks from consultant radiologists, radiology trainees, and medical students with an interest in radiology
- Enhance your CV by evidencing your commitment to radiology
- Receive an attendance certificate
- Get information about the undergraduate awards and prizes
- Find out how you can get involved with the RCR.
2021 undergraduate radiology day programme
Dr Malcolm Johnston, Chair of the Undergraduate Radiology Committee
|09:30-09:50||Quiz||Dr Chris George|
Applying for radiology training: A walk through
|Dr Samantha Fossey and Dr Humza Mahmood|
|10:10-10:40||Life as a consultant radiologist||Dr David Little|
|10:55-11:35||Interventional radiology||Dr Malcolm Johnston|
|11:35-12:15||CT post mortem||Dr Siobhan McLaughlin|
Lunch/Virtual networking - Zoom breakout rooms
|13:15-13:20||Presentation of prizes||Dr William Ramsden, Vice President Clinical Radiology|
|13:20-14:00||The role of radiology in major trauma|
Dr Richard Graham
|14:20-14:30||Close: survey feedback|