iRefer is the essential radiological investigation guidelines tool, from The Royal College of Radiologists (RCR).
Formerly referred to as Making the best use of clinical radiology services (MBUR), the updated seventh edition helps referring GPs, radiographers, clinicians and other healthcare professionals to determine the most appropriate imaging investigation(s) or intervention for a given diagnostic or imaging problem. It provides practical guidance based on the best available evidence, together with expert medical and radiological opinion.
- Track record as the source of professional advice to referring GPs, clinicians and other healthcare professionals for over 20 years
- Now in its seventh edition
- Developed to ensure patients benefit from timely and accurate diagnoses
- Guides justification under IR(ME)R
- Provides the most appropriate imaging investigation(s) or intervention for any diagnostic or imaging problem
- Informs decisions about the commissioning of imaging and interventional services
- Practical guidance based on the best available evidence, with expert medical and radiological opinion
- Over 300 evidenced guidelines
- Professionally led and internationally recognised
- A significant leap forward in guideline development with systematic literature review, critical appraisal and consensus
The process used to produce the guidelines was accredited by NHS Evidence of the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) in June 2010.