Now open. Closing date: 4 March 2019
Background and nature:
Funded by the family of Dr Steven Carstairs, this prize is one of two, intended to enhance medical students' experience of clinical radiology. This research prize is for an undergraduate student who conducts personal research on a clinical radiology topic. A list of previous recipients is available.
UK medical students
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4 March 2018. The Royal College of Radiologists' clinical radiology undergraduate steering group will consider the submissions and decided on the winning research paper. Their decision is final and binding. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application as soon as possible after these dates.
Applications should comprise:
- An indication of which prize the application is for.
- The student's full name, permanent address and medical school.
- The research paper, which should not exceed 4000 words including references and tables. Please note only the first 4000 words will be assessed.
- A supporting statement from a Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists, who is aware of the student's work, confirming the research is the original work of the applicant.
- Background information/research
- Relevance of research
- Originality of research
- Study design
- Data collection and handling
- Structure and quality of report
- Quality of data presentation
Enquiries should be directed to email@example.com