This research prize is for an undergraduate student who conducts personal research on a clinical radiology topic.
Funded by the family of Dr Steven Carstairs, this prize is one of two intended to enhance medical students' experience of clinical radiology. A list of previous recipients is available.
UK medical students only
How to apply
Applications for 2022 will open on 1 November 2021.
Applications should include:
- An indication of which prize the application is for
- The student's full name, permanent address, and medical school
- The research paper, which should not exceed 4000 words including references and tables. Please note that only the first 4000 words will be assessed
- A supporting statement from a Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists, who is aware of the student's work, confirming the research, is the original work of the applicant.
- Background information/research
- Relevance of research
- Originality of research
- Study design
- Data collection and handling
- Structure and quality of the report
- Quality of data presentation.
**Applicants that are also applying for the Steven Carstairs Essay Prize should submit a different title/paper.
*The successful applicant will be invited to present a talk about their research at the appropriate RCR meeting.
Enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Presentation from previous prize winner
Vinson Chan, University of Leeds, discusses his prize-winning research project on 'Image-guided percutaneous cryoablation or radiofrequency ablation versus partial nephrectomy for small renal masses'.
This presentation was developed independently and the information provided in this video does not represent RCR guidance or endorsement.