Background and nature
Funded by the family of Dr Steven Carstairs, this prize is one of two, intended to enhance medical students' experience of clinical radiology. The research prize is for an undergraduate student who conducts personal research on a clinical radiology topic. A list of previous recipients is available.
UK medical students only
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 17:00 pm Friday 19 February 2021. The Royal College of Radiologists' clinical radiology undergraduate steering committee will consider the submissions and decide on the winning research paper. Their decision is final and binding. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application as soon as possible after the decision.
Applications should comprise
- An indication of which prize the application is for
- The student's full name, permanent address, and medical school
- The research paper, which should not exceed 4000 words including references and tables. Please note that only the first 4000 words will be assessed
- A supporting statement from a Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists, who is aware of the student's work, confirming the research, is the original work of the applicant.
- Background information/research
- Relevance of research
- Originality of research
- Study design
- Data collection and handling
- Structure and quality of the report
- Quality of data presentation
**Applicants that are also applying for the Steven Carstairs Essay prize should submit a different title/paper.
*The successful applicant will be invited to present a talk about their research at the appropriate RCR meeting.
Enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org