Now open. Closing date: 4 March 2019.
Background and nature:
Funded by the family of Dr Steven Carstairs, this prize is one of two, intended to enhance medical students' experience of clinical radiology. This prize is for an essay either on a topic relevant to clinical radiology or describing a personal experience of working in a department of clinical radiology during an elective period or vacation. A list of previous recipients is available.
UK medical students
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 4 March 2018. The Royal College of Radiologists' clinical radiology undergraduate steering group will consider the applications and decide on a winning essay. Their decision is final and binding. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application as soon as possible after the decision.
Applications should comprise:
- An indication of which prize the application is for.
- The student's full name, permanent address and medical school.
- The essay, which should not exceed 4000 words including references and tables. Please note only the first 4000 words will be assessed.
- A supporting statement from a Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists, who is aware of the student's work, confirming the essay is the original work of the applicant.
- Background information/research
- Relevance of subject matter
- Essay structure and presentation
- Quality of report
Enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org