OPEN FOR APPLICATION
Closing Date: Friday 14 July 2017
The Kodak Radiology Fund Research Bursary is one of two bursaries made available by the generosity of the Kodak Radiology Fund.
The Bursary is intended for a research project furthering a radiological interest in the UK or abroad. Projects should be of at least 3 months duration.
“This grant allowed completion of my first piece of research and was hugely important in career development…...” (2007 recipient)
Up to £5,000.
The Bursary is open to Fellows of the Faculty of Clinical Radiology holding appointments of any grade in the UK.
“As a clinical radiologist with little previous research experience, this bursary has enabled me to develop a multitude of skills which will aid me in my career as both a clinician and researcher………..” (2011 recipient)
Applicants will need to submit:
- A completed application form. The application form requires:
- A detailed account of the proposed project including title, purpose, timing, plan of investigation, methods and techniques of study
- A budget plan
- Details of two referees, both of which should be consultant clinical radiologists. The referees should be experts in their field and have no connection to either the project or the applicant(s). The referees will be asked to comment on the merits of the proposed project, NOT the character of the applicant.
Patient public involvement in the project is strongly encouraged, where appropriate. (Note that PPI review of the application can be requested provided that the request is sent by 14 June 2017 - please email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A brief curriculum vitae. This should NOT include a photograph of the applicant.
- Letter(s) of support from the research venue and supervisor
Applications must be completed electronically and submitted by email to email@example.com
Applications are made in open competition and the Bursary is awarded by the Specialty Training Board based on the recommendation of an assessment panel. The decision of the assessment panel is final and binding. The Bursary will be awarded in two stages; half the money will be awarded to the successful recipient once the final decision has been confirmed and the balance will be paid out upon receipt of the first interim report.
Any enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
A list of past recipients of the bursaries is available.
Please note that an applicant may only apply for ONE of the following awards in any given year: Kodak Radiology Fund Bursary - Research; Kodak Research Fund Scholarship; Constance Thornton Fellowship; Pump Priming Grant. The assessment panel reserves the right to move an application into another award category if appropriate.