Now Open. Closing date: 4 March 2019
The Royal College of Radiologists annually funds five busaries of £200 each. The bursaries are intended to support medical students wishing to undertake an elective period of study in clinical radiology in the UK or abroad and should be used for travel/accomodation and subsistence costs. Applications are invited from UK clinical undergraduate medical students only.
At the end of the elective, the successful applicants will be required to render a report to The College. Reports from previous recipients are available.
One of the five bursaries will be reserved for an applicant who will be performing a research or quality improvement project during their elective, or who will be involved in an established research programme.
Up to £200 per bursary.
UK medical students
Submit your application by email to email@example.com by 5pm Monday 4 March 2019. Applications must include all the following:
- The students full name, permanent address and medical school
- A brief curriculum vitae
- A detailed breakdown of the intended project and what the funding will be used for
- A letter of support from a consultant clinical radiologist associated with the students's medical school, with whom the project has been discussed.
How applications will be assessed
Applications will be assessed and awarded by the College's Clinical Radiology Undergraduate Steering Group.
- Applications should be sent by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org at the Royal College of Radiologists to arrive not later than 4 March 2019.
- Applications will be assessed by the Clinical Radiology Undergraduate Steering Group. The decision of the Steering Group is final and binding.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application as soon as possible after the closing date.
- Winners will be invited to receive their bursary at the Undergraduate Radiology Day on 3 June 2019 and may be invited to deliver a presentation on their elective.
Criteria to be assessed
- Compliance with application requirements
- Project description
- Educational outcomes
*Successful applicants may be asked to present the results of their work at the appropriate RCR meeting.