How to prepare before you apply for an examination
Please follow these instructions carefully to help your application go smoothly. Find out what you need to do:
- To apply for an examination, you must log in to the RCR website. Please register for an account if you have not created one before.
- Make sure you can log in to your account. If you have forgotten your login details, use the forgotten password or forgotten email links. Do not set up a second account. Contact email@example.com for support.
- Check your email address and phone number are correct.
- Make a note of the application opening dates on the dates and fees page for your examination.
- For each examination there will be two priority booking dates:
- Priority 1: UK, Singapore and Hong Kong trainees and NHS contributors.
- Priority 2: Other global candidates.
- If you are an NHS contributor, please send your employment letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and the examinations team will update your priority on the RCR's system; therefore, when applications are open, you would be able to apply as a priority 1 candidate.
- Prepare any special requirements documents to upload at the time of application.
- Final Part B examination candidates should make sure to have photo ID to upload.
- Singapore, Hong Kong and Malta venues are offered to trainees who are eligible and currently live on those countries due to the pandemic and travel restrictions.
- It's important to make sure you have a good internet connection, especially if you're applying from outside of Europe.
- Your bandwidth should be at least 1 megabits (Mb) per second. You can check this with your internet provider.
- Make sure that you are close to the router if you are using a wireless internet connection. Lots of people using the same internet connection can slow it down.
- We recommend using fixed-line ethernet connections with a minimum bandwidth of 1MB per second.
- Connections may be slower during application periods - please be patient.
- Contact the examinations team if you are having problems with your application on the day.
- Applications will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Applications open at 09:00 and close at 17:00.
- You need to pay when you book. Your booking is confirmed once payment is received.
- Select the orange ‘Find out more about applying online’ button on the examination page to apply:
- Make sure you have a credit/debit card ready to pay
- Make sure you have any special requirements documents to upload
- Make sure you have your photo ID to upload (Final FRCR Part B only)
Contact the Examinations Team for application support on the day:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 207 406 5905