CPD guidance for event organisers
From 1 November 2016, the RCR will no longer allocate CPD credits to events.
Event organisers can allocate credits to their own meetings provided the following conditions are met:
- The following statement is included on event programmes and promotional materials ‘This course provides <number> CPD credits in accordance with the CPD Scheme of the Royal College of Radiologists’.
- The course must have defined Learning Outcomes, making it clear what participants should know/be able to do by the end of the event.
- Course organisers are responsible for the quality assurance of their courses and must provide evaluation forms to participants regarding the quality of the event and achievement of the learning outcomes.
- Course organisers must take account of feedback in the further development of their courses. Organisers may be asked to provide the RCR with a summary of the feedback that they have collated from the event.
- Course organisers must issue attendance certificates to participants for the whole or part of the course they attend so that participants can claim CPD credits for the hours of teaching they receive. Course organisers should include the participant’s GMC number on their certificate if possible, for their revalidation and appraisal evidence.
Event organisers can use the attendance certificate template to issue to participates for courses they provide credits in accordance with the RCR's CPD scheme and the above conditions are met.
If you are an Event organiser who has submitted a request for credits to the CPD team, the request will be processed. Any requests received on and after 1 November will not be processed.
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 7405 1282, option 5.