Recruitment and selection into Clinical Oncology training posts across the whole of the UK is carried out through a nationally coordinated process run on behalf of the College by HEE London and South East (LaSE) Recruitment. Two rounds are held each year, one in the Spring and one in the Autumn.
Information on available posts can be found on the Oriel website once the application window is open. The Applicant Guide, which gives all the information candidates need can be downloaded from the Oriel website. Any enquires about the recruitment process should be sent through the applicant enquiries portal.
An overview of the process and timelines is below.
Clinical oncology training programmes
Every training programme in the UK has it's own unique characteristics and strengths. When applying for a clinical oncology training post and deciding which posts to preference take some time to look at what each programme has to offer. You will find links to each programme's website information and to flyers with more information on the clinical oncology training programmes page.
- Applications are submitted as a single Unit of Application (UoA) using the ORIEL online recruitment system.
- Applicants preference their preferred deaneries on the application, excluding themselves from a geography or stating no preference.
- Longlisting is conducted by the LaSE team.
- Interviews are held in central London over two days (one day in Round 2).
- The offers process is managed by the LaSE team through Oriel.
Adverts: Tuesday 21 January 2020
Application window: Wednesday 29 January - Wednesday 19 February
Interviews: 16 - 17 March
Initial offers released: By Thursday 23 April
Round Two (TBC)
The preferencing window opens:
Interviews: Events Centre, 32 Russell Square, London, WC1B 5DN
All enquires about the recruitment process should be sent through the applicant enquiries portal. Please note, the College is not able to answer questions or resolve issues concerning specific applications. These must be sent through the LaSE portal.