Recruitment and selection into Clinical Oncology training posts across the whole of the UK is carried out through a nationally coordinated process run on behalf of the College by HEE London and South East (LaSE) Recruitment. Two rounds are held each year, one in the Spring and one in the Autumn.
Information on available posts can be found on the Oriel website once the application window is open. The Applicant Guide which gives all the information candidates need can be downloaded from the Oriel website. Any enquires about the recruitment process should be sent through the applicant enquiries portal.
An overview of the process and timelines is below.
- Applications are submitted as a single Unit of Application (UoA) using the ORIEL online recruitment system.
- Applicants preference their preferred deaneries on application, excluding themselves from a geography or stating no preference.
- Longlisting is conducted by the LaSE team.
- Interviews are held in central London over two days.
- The offers process is managed by the LaSE team through Oriel.
2017 Round One
Advertisements: Wednesday 25 January 2017
Applications open: Wednesday 1 February 2017 (10:00hrs)
Applications close: Wednesday 22 February 2017 (16:00hrs)
Interviews: Wednesday 15 & Thursday 16 March 2017
Initial offers released by: Thursday 27 April 2017 (17:00hrs)
Hold deadline: Wednesday 3 May 2017 (13:00hrs)
Upgrade deadline: Friday 5 May 2017 (16:00hrs)
Hierarchical deadline: Tuesday 9 May 2017
Round Two (approximate)
August: Application window open
Late September: Interviews
Early-Mid October: Offers circulated