Background and nature
The Edinburgh EAR Congress Research Prize is awarded for professional research on a clinical oncology topic. Priority will be given to research with a radiotherapy focus. A list of previous recipients is available.
UK medical students only.
How to apply
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 17:00 pm on Friday 6 March 2020. The Royal College of Radiologists' clinical oncology undergraduate steering committee will consider applications and decide on the winning research paper. Their decision is final and binding. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application as soon as possible after the decision.
Applications should comprise
- An indication of which prize the application is for.
- The student's full name, permanent address, and medical school.
- The research paper, which should not exceed 4000 words including references and tables. Please note only the first 4000 words will be assessed.
- A supporting statement from a Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists, who is aware of the student's work, confirming the research, is the original work of the applicant.
- Background information/research
- Relevance of research
- Originality of research
- Study design
- Data collection and handling
- Structure and quality of the report
- Quality of data presentation
*Successful applicants may be invited to present the results of their work at the appropriate RCR meeting.
Enquiries should be directed to email@example.com