Background and nature
The Edinburgh EAR Congress Essay Prize is for an essay either on a topic relevant to clinical oncology or describing personal experience of working in a department of clinical oncology during an elective period or vacation. A list of previous recipients is available.
UK medical students
How to apply
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 17:00 pm on Friday 6 March 2020. The Royal College of Radiologists' clinical oncology undergraduate steering committee will consider the applications and decide on a winning essay. Their decision is final and binding. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application as soon as possible after the decision.
Applications should comprise
- An indication of which prize the application is for.
- The student's full name, permanent address, and medical school.
- The essay, which should not exceed 4000 words including references and tables. Please note only the first 4000 words will be assessed.
- A supporting statement from a Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists, who is aware of the student's work, confirming the essay, is the original work of the applicant.
- Background information/research
- Relevance of subject matter (a focus on radiotherapy will be highly valued)
- Essay structure and presentation
- Quality of report
*Successful applicants may be invited to present the results of their work at the appropriate RCR meeting.
Enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org