2020 applications are now closed.
This award is funded by a generous legacy from the estate of the late Dr Ganguli to visit India for educational purposes.
The purpose of the visit is educational: to provide local teaching and training and also to participate in postgraduate meetings. The request encourages delivering lectures at national meetings and this will be taken into account by the Royal College of Radiologists when considering applicants. Visits arranged under the Professorship scheme are expected to be of up to two weeks (maximum) duration. At the end of the Professorship, the successful candidate will be required to render a report on the visit and outcomes to the College.
Up to £6,000
The Professorship is open to clinical radiologists or clinical oncologists who are Fellows of the RCR in good standing, resident in the United Kingdom and in active clinical practice at the time of the application and the award/visit.
Applicants will need to submit:
- a curriculum vitae and an explanation of why they are suitable for such a Professorship
- a description of the proposed visit, including the name of the host centre, the lead consultant or professional, dates of the visit, the specific aims and a summary of the anticipated benefits of the visit
- evidence that the host centre is able to honour the terms of the Professorship (ie, a letter or email confirming the arrangements);
- a budget plan, indicating estimated travel and accommodation costs within the budget allowance
- the names of two referees who must be consultant clinical radiologists or clinical oncologists and Fellows of the RCR. One of the referees should be the Head of the Department in which the applicant is working.
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS AWARD HAVE NOW CLOSED AND WILL REOPEN IN 2022.
An Appointments Board nominated by The Royal College of Radiologists will consider applications; the decision of the Appointments Board is final and binding. Shortlisted candidates may be interviewed by the Appointments Board after the closing date. It is intended that the assessors' recommendations will be reported to the Specialty Training Board meetings for approval and applicants will be informed of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the decision has been approved.
A list of past Fellows is available.
Any queries should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org