Now Open. Closing date: 4 March 2019
The Royal College of Radiologists annually funds five busaries of £200 each. The bursaries are intended to support medical students wishing to undertake an elective period of study in clinical oncology in the UK or abroad and should be used for travel/accomodation and subsistence costs. Priority will be given to electives with a focus on radiotherapy. Applications are invited from UK clinical undergraduate medical students only.
At the end of the elective, the successful applicants will be required to render a report to the College. Reports from previous recipients are available.
Up to £200 per bursary.
UK medical students only
Submit your application by email to email@example.com by 5pm Monday 4 March 2019. Applications must include all the following:
- The students full name, permanent address and medical school
- A brief curriculum vitae
- A detailed breakdown of the intended project and what the funding will be used for
- A letter of support from a consultant clinical oncologist associated with the students's medical school, with whom the project has been discussed.
How applications will be assessed
Applications will be assessed and awarded by the College's Clinical Oncology Undergraduate Steering Group.
- Applications should be sent by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org at the Royal College of Radiologists to arrive not later than 4 March 2019.
- Applications will be assessed by the Clinical Oncology Undergraduate Steering Group. The decision of the Steering Group is final and binding.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application as soon as possible after the closing date.
- Winners will be invited to receive their bursary at the Undergraduate Oncology Day on 10 May 2019 and may be invited to deliver a presentation on their elective.
Criteria to be assessed
- Level and breadth of activity
- Innovation and excellence
- Future plans and evidence of sustainability.
*Successful applicants are required to present the results of their work at the appropriate RCR meeting.