By using this site you signify your consent to these conditions of use.
If you do not agree to these conditions of use, please do not use this site.
In the following conditions, the term "RCR" stands for "The Royal College of Radiologists".
1. Intellectual property
- © 2008 RCR
The names, images and logos identifying the RCR and its products and services are subject to copyright and design rights of the RCR. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any design right or copyright of the RCR.
2. Use of RCR website
- You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use RCR website content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any RCR website content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this website or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication, whether paper or electronic media or any other form, requires the prior written permission of the RCR.
- You agree to use the RCR website only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the RCR website. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the RCR website.
3. Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- All material included on the RCR website, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to the RCR, its products and services (or to third-party products and services), is intended for information purposes only and does not represent legal advice. All material is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis, without any representations of any kind made (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. Users are hereby placed under notice that they should take appropriate precautions to verify such information. No user should act or refrain from acting on the information contained in this website without first verifying the information and obtaining legal and/or professional advice.
- RCR makes no representations or warranties whatsoever as to the accuracy of the information contained in this website.
- RCR expressly disclaims all liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage occasioned from the use or inability to use this website, whether directly or indirectly resulting from inaccuracies, defects, errors, whether typographical or otherwise, omissions, out of date information or otherwise.
- The RCR does not warrant that functions contained in the RCR website content will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the RCR website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
- The user agrees that material downloaded or otherwise accessed through the use of this website is obtained entirely at the user's own risk and that the user will be entirely responsible for any resulting damage to software or computer systems and/or any resulting loss of data even if the RCR has been advised of the possibility of such damage.
4. RCR and the public
- We regret that it is not possible for the RCR to offer medical advice on any individual or general medical condition.
- Users of this website seeking advice on any medical condition should consult their medical practitioner.
- In relation to any dispute arising out of use of this web site the user and the RCR agree to submit exclusively to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. The RCR's omission to exercise any right under these Conditions of Use shall not constitute a waiver of such right unless expressly accepted by the RCR in writing.
5. Links to other sites
- The RCR does not accept any liability in connection with any third party websites that can be accessed through this website and does not endorse or approve the contents, which may change without notice. RCR accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the information linked websites may contain. Provision of links to other sites does not constitute an endorsement.
6. Submitting new threads to RCR's bulletins or discussion boards
- When submitting a thread to RCR bulletins or discussion boards, you must not:
- Defame, abuse, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (including the rights of privacy) of others
- Transmit or post any matter that is defamatory, offensive or of an obscene and menacing nature.
- Post or transmit any information, file or software that contains a virus or any other malicious or destructive code
- Post or transmit any message, data, image or program that would violate the property rights of others. (This includes unauthorised copyrighted text, images or programs, confidential proprietary information and trademarks used in an infringing fashion, and also data in which patient information is identifiable but where the patient's consent to disclosure of the information has not be explicitly sought)
- Submit material in the name of someone else, without their express permission to do so
- Create or use a false identity for the purposes of misleading others.
- If any patient-recognisable data is visible in images submitted to RCR bulletins or discussion boards, you must obtain and confirm receipt of the consent of the patient.