The Royal College of Radiologists is holding a "Trainee Welcome Day" for all newly-appointed clinical radiology trainees on Friday 20th September 2013.
This will take place at the Park Crescent Conference Centre in London, starting with registration and refreshments from 10.00 to 10.30am. The meeting will finish no later than 4.30pm.
The aim of the day is to welcome trainees to the specialty and to ensure that they are clear about what the College will do for them, what they can do for the College, and how we work together.
More specifically we will
• Introduce the curriculum and the training pathways, including options for special interest and sub-specialty training
• Discuss the value of research and how to get into it
• Ensure trainees understand the purpose, nature and timing of assessments - including FRCR and WpBAs
• Help trainees get the best from their training
• Provide a networking opportunity for trainees
• Discuss options for less than full-time training.
Speakers will include College officers and staff as well as members of the Junior Radiologists Forum, and we will keep the day informal and interactive.
The day will be free for all attendees, with all refreshments and lunch provided. Unfortunately the College is not able to cover travel costs to attend.
We hope that all training programmes will be able to release new ST1 trainees for this event.
If you wish to register to attend this Welcome Day you should email email@example.com and further information will then be sent to you.